In order to become a Ukiah Police Department Volunteer in Police Service you must meet the minimum qualifications as follows:
- Complete City of Ukiah Application.
- Participate in a Command Staff interview.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Possess a valid California Driver License, along with maintaining a satisfactory driving record, and show proof of insurance.
- Be a US citizen.
- Be able to pass a background investigation.
- Pass the City of Ukiah medical screening process.
Automatic Disqualifiers are:
- A criminal history or history of arrests.
- The use or abuse of illegal or prohibited substances.
- Any behavior pattern that demonstrates immoral character or dishonesty that would jeopardize the public’s trust in the law enforcement profession.
A thorough background check will be conducted to assure that you possess the standards that our program and organization require for acceptance and participation. If you feel that you meet our standards and qualifications as stated above, we encourage you to apply for our program.
Once you submit an application, you will be contacted by phone within 2 weeks to schedule your Command Staff interview. The applicant will participate in a comprehensive background check, using the same procedure and criteria used for any position in Law Enforcement. At this time, the applicant will sign all related waivers connected to completing our process. This process could take as long as 2 months. All applicants will be notified by mail of their acceptance or non-acceptance to the program.
If you have any questions or need further information, contact Lieutenant Cedric Crook at (707) 463-6771.